Standard Training (free to all users)
- Online videos
- Online Help system
- E-mail and phone support (got a question, call 1 866 585 5050 ext 1)
Setup and Configuration
While the system is easy to use and there are videos to help get started, some people prefer a hand getting started.
We'll spend the time it takes to acquaint you with features, answer your questions, load your account information, and get you rolling... this usually takes minutes, not hours.
- Questions to understand your specific needs
- A custom tour of the system built around your needs
- a job
- a construction document using a template
- a contact
- a note
- an appointment
- a to do
- a task
- a job or business process using a template
- an e-mail using a template
- a fax using a template
- a text message
- Upload and share a file
- Add your logo, e-mail signature, and configure your e-mail settings
- Customize your preferences
Plus we'll save you a ton of time and load your electronic contact lists (address book) into the system for you.
Plus introduce you to the online video tutorials so you and your team can take full advantage of the system... at your own pace.
Activation, Setup and Training are free.
To get rolling contact: email@example.com
Coaching / Consulting
- Specialized one-to-one or group training
- Online and over the phone
- Solve tough business problems / discover new ways to do things (may involve custom programming)
To get started contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
On Site Training
Possible, and may be exactly what your team needs. To arrange On Site Training contact: email@example.com
1 866 585 5050 ext 1
Dear BuildIT User,
Announcing a powerful new way to store, organize, and share all your electronic files.
BuildIT Version 4.0 is here … it's available right now and there are no added costs for these great new features. Simply log in, and click your "files" tab to see what's new. With Version 4.0 you can:
drag and drop one or more files straight from your hard drive, and upload them in one easy step
rotate and resize image files for easier uploading from digital cameras and PDA's
create custom folders to organize files, faxes, emails, and even documents
see all your files, spreadsheets, photos, drawings, and more in one easy view
avoid the headaches that come with emailing attachments. Just email them a "sharing link" and they can download the file straight thru the web
see who downloaded a file, and when
know exactly what jobs, emails and faxes are using any file
search for all kinds of files - job files, email attachment files, fax attachment files, and more!
Your files are continuously backed up to ensure they are protected … something you will especially appreciate when your computer crashes or goes missing.
Use any computer connected to the Internet and you have access to all your files, anywhere, anytime. It's that easy … and it should be.
Thank you for making us part of your success!
The BuildIT Team
1 866 585 5050 x1
During the last decade a large number of small and mid size businesses made use of software to increase efficiency and boost profits.
However, construction businesses have not adopted software technology to the same extent as other 'hands-on' businesses (including automotive shops, suppliers, restaurants, and retail stores).
The reasons have more to do with the shortcomings of computers and software than they do with contractors being resistant.
Construction has a track record of adopting technology including cordless tools, air tools, laser tools, fax machines, mobile phones, and more.
So, what has prevented contractors from using computers to the same extent as other businesses?
For one thing, it's been difficult for contractors to understand how computers can help because computers and software have been mismatched with their real needs.
Construction software that:
- is geared to managing information by the job/project (not by the transaction)
- can be accessed by people in different locations
- can do a wide variety of things (without learning a dozen different packages)
- can store information generated by other software programs
- can fax information without printing, looking up/dialing numbers, or waiting for fax machines
- can grow with their business
- is easy to use with how to videos (not fat boring manuals)
- is flexible and customizable
People have no interest in dealing with something they perceive as potentially complex unless they see the benefit. Many in construction have seen (and still see) computers as difficult and frustrating - and rightly so they have been.
More on why contractors have sneered at computers, why it's changing, and why you need to be ready...
1 866 585 5050 ext 1