For many, computers are a necessary evil to get the job done better, faster, on time, and with fewer mistakes.
The bulk of the contractors (Gen X'ers and older) use computers begrudgingly to accomplish tasks and stay competitive. And when they go shopping for software, they are met with way too many options. Its like being thrown into the cockpit of a 747 and expecting to be flying in no time. And they all know someone who has spent $10K on software that promised the world but didn't deliver it.
Construction software companies are vying for your business... and they're all saying basically the same thing about their system in order to get you to believe that using a computer, with their software package... is easy.
Have you come across any these claims recently in your seach for the right construction software system:
- simple to use
- "user friendly"
- great technical support
- short learning curve
- easily adoptable
and my personal favorite...
- Voted #1 Construction Software
Who voted? Their sales team?
In a recent article in a construction magazine, the author offers advice for purchasing software. He talks about some basic requirements that we all can agree on. The software has to:
- solve a problem,
- be accepted and used by all users, and
- provide measurable return on investment.
And somehow, their solution is the perfect fit.
I checked into their solution - and one customer paid $20K for it... and he considers himself a small contractor!
Ouch! I wonder what larger contractors are paying? For the same dough, you could subscribe to BuildIT for a decade or more.
Here are some observations - go ahead and test these against our competitors:
- If they don't publish their price... it's gonna be a big ticket item... expect to pay $3,000 to $10,000 per year.
- If they force you into a web demonstration before divulging their price, see #1 above.
- If they have a network of consultants who sell their software and assist with it's implementation, see #1 above.
- If you see big glossy ads in construction magazines along with advertorial content, see #1 above.
- If you can't launch a free test drive of the software, and solve at least one problem that motivated you to come to their website in the first place... in the first 30 minutes, see #1 above.
I think you get the point.
Let's talk. Start a free test drive of BuildIT (click that big green button in the top right of this page, the "FREE TRIAL" one), knowing that our base rate is $85 per month, with discounted terms available. Let's see if we can get $1,000 worth of savings/revenue in your first month by using the system... and help you avoid rolling the dice on bloated, expensive software solutions.
And yes, you'll have to use a computer, but we'll help you get over the hump just the same, and get your problem solved in record time.
And just maybe, over time, you'll use BuildT on your computer... with ease.
1 866 585 5050 ext 1