After losing thousands of personal emails to a corrupt Outlook file years ago, I vowed to take steps to avoid that pain by moving my personal and business email over to BuildIT. I've written before on the benefits of BuildIT email.
Years later, I have access to a long history of email correspondence. Easy to access, and confidence knowing my email is backed up regularly and available wherever I have an Internet connected computer.
In an effort to continue to improve our system features and performance, we've made some improvements to BuildIT email:
1. Click the email tab, and you'll see a new "date range:" in the lower left menu - the default is set to "current (1 year)".
2. This "current" value can be adjusted in the email preferences page. Set it to what you consider to be "current".
3. In the left menu, choose the year to search or display emails for only the selected time period.
1. When doing a search on email, ensure you have the correct job selected in the yellow job picklist. This will narrow the search to just those emails that are assigned to that job. Search results will display lightning fast.
2. For those of you with dozens/hundreds of spam/marketing emails, it only takes a few minutes to select and delete those. Again, the fewer emails you have saved, the quicker your pages will display and the shorter your search times will be.
3. If you have dozens/hundreds of unread emails, you can quickly change them to "READ" by using the top right yellow "do this" drop down menu option to "set checked to READ".
4. Looking for a particular file that someone emailed you? Just click the "files" tab, then in the top left, click "file association:email attachments" and search for the file. Great way to get to file quickly, and see the history on that file (who sent it, when, how big the file is, etc.).
Customers with 10K + emails: if you are not in the habit of assigning your emails to jobs (e.g. they remain "unfiled"), and you have ALL JOBS selected in the yellow job picklist, and you launch a search for a particular email, the system has to search ALL records to find that email. For some customers, this will take seconds. Search times over 15 seconds can be frustrating.
1 866 585 5050 ext 1
We batched up a number of improvements and released them this past weekend:
:: All dates and times in your BuildIT account can be customized on the Preferences>Personal>General page. Over 300 locations were updated to make this improvement.
:: New Calendar popups are more compatible with newer browsers, look better and work better. They support custom all your date formats.
:: Improved Gantt "Power Bar" allows setting a new start date with the calendar popup, setting task duration by number of working days.
:: Sharper graphics on the Gantt bars.
:: Updated Rich Text Editor for emails.
:: Improved speed when closing the send-email window.
:: Improved validation and error messages on a number of dialogs.
:: Fixed an issue where failed faxes were not being set as "read".
:: New features on the Custom Job Info pages.
Too much info to track on your jobs, or want to fill in documents with job info -- talk to BuildIT support today.
1 866 585 5050 ext 1
If it's important for your business to "get it in writing," then using pre-formatted construction document templates will help you prior to starting the job, during construction, and after the work is done.
With BuildIT's easy-to-use document generator, you'll be able to create and edit a wide range of construction documents from any internet connected computer. These documents will be branded with your letterhead and company logo to build your reputation and professionalism. You'll be in good company as this system has been used on 1000's of project to create 1000's of documents similar to these samples.
Here's how it works:
It helps if your jobs are entered into BuildIT, and that your contact database is uploaded. We can help you with this as you're getting started. Job and contact information is entered into BuildIT only once. From there, the system re-uses it again and again where it's needed.
Next, start the BuildIT document generator.
Select a current project, and a contact to whom you want this document addressed to.
The system then auto-completes the construction document; these "forms" are designed such that the right information that already exists in BuildIT goes into the right field.
Finally, save the document to BuildIT, then either print it, fax it, or email it.
There are many advantages to this document system:
- Saves a ton of data entry time.
- Documents can be auto-filled with virtually any information from your company or project.
- Send documents via email and fax with just a few clicks. Track versions of the same document.
- Proprietary construction document templates (and custom letterhead) for your exclusive use can be created by our specialists.
- Make multiple documents in one operation: avoid redundancy and mistakes.
- Ideal for field staff submitting daily job reports.
You can access your construction documents now by starting your free test drive of the BuildIT system. No credit card. No risk. And you get full access to all parts of the system.
By doing so, you'll get 80+ professional construction documents included free of charge. You can use them in BuildIT, or download them to your hard drive. They are yours free whether you subscribe or not.
So start creating professional construction documents today... the easy way.
1 866 585 5050 ext 1