So you want to share some job files?
And you've found out, perhaps the hard way, that emailing attachments (especially large ones) is not the way to go.
You could subscribe to an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) service.
But here's the scoop:
FTP typically requires an FTP 'client' — meaning yet another program. These are generally not simple to configure. Uploading a file would be limited to those with the program and skills. So now you have to outfit all your key players (some of whom may not be high up the technology curve) with the FTP program. Along with the client, you'll need a service (website or server) to host the files — more stuff to configure.
Downloading files would either require an FTP client again, or be handled through a web page with a simple file listing. You may have to pay someone to create this web page on your corporate website, if you have one. Now we're talking time, some technical know-how, and $$.
Now for the BuildIT advantages:
- Easy drag and drop file uploading through Internet Explorer.
- Our maximum file size is, well, big enough that it likely won't be a problem 99% of the time, but with some sweet talking, we can increase this if required.
- Our display is visually appealing: thumbnails, file info. And, it's easy to understand.
- Easy management: remove/disable files easily, see all access attempts, etc.
- Downloading is resumable (i.e. if the file download stops for some reason, it resumes where it left off). Many other file download services don't support this.
- Files in BuildIT are presented logically within a task or a sharing link... in other words, there are associations with files that will make it easier for you to manage them.
- BuildIT manages the server: so no headaches about configuration, no tech support nightmares, etc.
So, launch your free test drive, click the "files" tab, and start sharing. It's one of the many advantages you'll appreciate.
1 866 585 5050 ext 1