Dear BuildIT User,
Like a fine Napa Valley wine, BuildIT keeps getting better with age. This latest upgrade focuses on 2 main areas - your contacts, and ease of use.
Improvements to Contact Management
Let's face it - people do business with people, so your people (contacts) are the most important resource you have. Communication issues are undoubtedly the big profit killer in most construction businesses. Our new features will help you better manage communications with key people on the job - and that's a good thing.
Log on and click the "contacts" tab. In the left margin menu you'll see which contacts are "job specific".
Did you know that with the BuildIT's "contact management" system you can do the following:
- Send one piece of communication to every key person associated with the job (via email, fax, or cellular text message).
- Remind all your sub-trades of a change to the schedule.
- Email attachments (or better yet, "sharing links" for large files) to a select group of contacts.
- Keep track of "who's who in the zoo" for every job that you do.
- Easily send out text messages without getting thumb cramps trying to key into a super small cell phone key pad (leave that for the tweenies).
- Share schedules for free with any contact in your database... use "Contact Schedules" to keep key folks in the loop with the tasks you have assigned to them.
Oh, and our development team wanted to add that some major "under the hood" tweaking and code re-writing was done to shave off time off page refresh rates (in this micro-wave fast food age, we know that time is money, and every fraction of a second counts !!).
Changes to the Gooee (uh, that would be GUI*)
What do most folks look for when they come to BuildIT?
So we made it painfully obvious what to press when you want to see your "schedule". Ah, that would be the "schedule" tab. And next to that would be the "calendar" tab where you would expect to see your appointments. We also made the job picklist in the top left yellow to make it stand out.
We changed the "do it" drop down menu in the top right to "do this", and we made it look more like a button. We even highlighted it yellow. It's an important control - and some new folks were just missing it.
We've also consolidated all help to one button. Click on "help" in the top right, and you'll be greeted by a tabbed page, allowing you to get the help you need fast.
(*GUI = Graphical User Interface, in case you really wanted to know!)
We've made text boxes accept more information, updated the job contact responsibilities dialog, allowed you to expand the workspace and hide the left margin menu in many screens... all based on user feedback of course.
Keep those suggestions flowing. Help us help you, and we both win.
The BuildIT Team
1 866 585 5050 x1